Signs of Differential Problems in Your JaguarPosted on: November 24, 2021
Jaguar vehicles are luxury models that aren’t expected to break down or have excessive repairs. Yet, one thing that Jaguar vehicles are known for is differential problems. Not limited to this specific brand, Jaguar models are just easier to spot signs of differential problems, because we have a vested interest in our own vehicles.
Jaguar models are held to a higher standard of excellence, so we expect them to remain in good condition for many years to come. However, if you have a differential problem in your Jaguar, chances are it can be fixed quickly and easily with help from someone who knows what they are doing.
Common Differential Problems in Jaguar Models
As a component that is involved in many plays and gets worn out quickly, take a look at the following symptoms that point to differential problems:
- Worn carrier bearings: The differential problems in your Jaguar will often consist of a squealing sound that is also described as shrieking or whining.
- Loose preloading for the pinion bearings: A loose pinion bearing will start off making a howling noise that will only get worse with time.
- Broken pinion gear tooth: The sounds you identify as differential problems can also make loud, clunky motions.
- Worn U-Joints: As the vehicle gathers speed, the shaking or jerking associated with worn u-joints becomes more noticeable as the vehicle begins traveling faster.
Preventing Differential Problems in Your Jaguar
The key to avoiding downtime in your Jaguar is to invest in proper maintenance that ensures all of its components are being well taken care of. In addition to this tactic, there are a few more things you can also do to prevent differential problems in your Jaguar.
- Give your Jaguar a proper break-in period. You want to avoid any situation that could cause the rapid breakdown of lubrication.
- Change your Jaguar’s gear lube at 3,000-5,000 miles. This is considered by many manufacturers to be the end of the break-in period.
- Don’t allow the wheels to spin carelessly. Producing plenty of wheel-speed and a burst of energy can be tempting at a green light or when accelerating from a stop sign, but it’s not good for your differential.
- Inspect the breather fitting and breather tube. Have your service professional help you look at your vehicle to accomplish this.
Differential Problems in Your Jaguar Due to a Lack of Lubricant
This specific problem deserves an entire segment, because it is that important to the overall well-being of your Jaguar. Each differential has its own requirements for lubrication, but that’s just the easy part. Ensure that all types of lubricants are topped off in your Jaguar. Lubricants are necessary to reduce friction of metal-on-metal. Without these fluids, many parts of your car will break down and shred against each other, including the differential.
Come Into Landmark Motors to Get Your Differential Serviced
Over time, Landmark Motors has become a favorite repair dealership in the areas of Seattle and Bellevue, Washington. Not only do we offer European car servicing at our location, but we also hold pre-owned vehicles for sale, too. As a comprehensive service repair shop, we know what it takes to fix even the biggest problems. So, repairing or replacing your Jaguar’s differential is no challenge when paired with our competitive pricing and service.
Landmark Motors offers featured vehicles, financing pre-approval, and a full service department. Yet, this small repair facility is easy to offer all the things you need for you Jaguar, and then some. In addition, Landmark Motors is open seven days a week, which makes accessing this service facility easier than ever before.
At Landmark Motors, you can rest assured your Jaguar doesn’t need to compare to the competition that’s out there. All we are concerned with is getting your differential taken care of in a timely and effective manner. Whether your differential needs to be completely replaced or it can be repaired, we are willing to work with you to meet you where we are at.
If you’d like to get in touch with Landmark Motors about servicing your differential or replacing it altogether, be sure to give us a call at 425-800-0345. We look forward to speaking with you about your unique needs as a new customer.