Where You Should Take Your Audi in Bellevue to Fix Electrical ProblemsPosted on: October 21, 2021
While Audi vehicles are typically regarded as some of the most reliable cars out there, they do tend to run into a few electrical problems as they age. So much of what your car does relies on electricity, especially in modern times, so even small electrical issues can be a big concern, as they could be precursors to more serious and dangerous problems down the line.
4 Common Reasons for Electrical Problems
Here are some of the most commonly-seen electrical malfunctions:
- Power window failure: The driver’s side window will likely malfunction first, since it gets the most use. Fortunately, this is a relatively simple and easy fix for an experienced mechanic. It requires taking off the door panel and replacing a motor, so it’s probably best to leave it to a professional who has the proper tools and knowledge to perform these tasks.
- Liquid damage to the control panel: Though having cupholders on the center console right next to the driver’s seat is convenient, it can also be dangerous if you’re not careful. Any liquid that spills can easily seap down through the cupholder’s bottom and get onto the important electrical wiring and sensors below, causing problems in your Audi. This is especially true for the virtual cockpit and its digital dashboard. To avoid this user error, it’s best to only drive with tightly-lidded beverages in the cupholder. Try not to leave cups in the car for too long, as the liquid can seep through glue-based, drive-thru cup seams and leak out.
- Display screen malfunction: While it’s uncommon for an Audi’s entire LCD display to go out all at once, it is very common for pieces of it to go dark, which can make it hard to read the important information that you need to drive your car safely. Unfortunately, when this happens, the only repair option is to replace the entire display. This is an expensive job for an Audi specialist, who must replace the display screen and ensure it’s programmed correctly with your Audi’s technology downloaded into your control module.
- Battery problems: A lot of things can cause a car’s battery to malfunction, from bad connections, poor charges, and botched replacements. No matter what the cause, you’ll be able to tell there is a problem when you notice many different electrical components of your vehicle failing. This might include things as seemingly insignificant as dimmer-than-usual headlights, which is a great indicator of a draining battery. Make sure to address this right away or it could leave you stranded.
How to Avoid Electrical Issues in Audis
Some of these problems may simply be the result of age and use, so not all of them will be avoidable. However, you can catch things early by keeping up a regular inspection schedule for your vehicle and performing all the necessary preventative maintenance to keep the car in top shape for as long as possible.
If you ever notice any of the symptoms above, even if you think it’s not a big deal, please bring your car in for a quick diagnostic check by our experienced mechanics. They will look at your vehicle and determine whether or not the symptoms you’re noticing are a cause for concern in your Audi. If necessary, they have the tools and skills necessary to get your Audi back in on the road as quickly and easily as possible.
The Best Service Center to Fix Your Audi
Now that you understand the signs of Audi electrical problems and the importance of getting a professional mechanic to check out any issues, where do you go to find a good mechanic? For drivers in or near Seattle and Bellevue, Washington, look no further than Landmark Motors for assistance with all of your auto repair needs, from electrical problems to engine repair.
Our experienced technicians are dedicated to making sure your car’s repair or maintenance goes as smoothly as possible for everyone involved. If you’re dealing with electrical issues in your Audi or any other issues, please feel free to give us a call to set up an appointment or visit us in store to learn more. We would love to get to know you and discuss your options so that you can get back on the road as quickly as possible.
* Audi Car image credit goes to: tomeng.